Brisbane CBD, Qld
Project - Residential High-Rise
Height - 90 Stories
Developer - Billbergia Pty Ltd AMP
Architect - Nettleton Tribe
Builder - Hutchinson Builders
Painting Contractor - Usher Group
Paint and Render Manufacturer - Baxta
When you are constructing Brisbane’s tallest awe-inspiring residential tower, you want the peace of mind that comes from working with the best so it was no shock when Baxta was appointed Paint and Render supplier of Billbergia’s Brisbane Skytower.
Located at 222 Margaret St, in the heart of the Brisbane CBD, the stunning tower features 1138 high-class, self-contained apartments and sets a new standard for luxury accommodation in Queensland. The Nettleton Tribe-designed development, was blessed to have a crack team bring it to reality, with Hutchinson Builders overseeing the build, Usher Group as painting contractor and, of course, Baxta’s expert systems providing the highest quality finishes and coatings.
A project of this size does not come without challenges, including the need to ensure that paint and render products have the elasticity and volume solids to counteract a building with a sway of 600mm. Baxta’s commitment to up-to-date technology and cutting-edge development ensured we were able to provide the best products and solutions to withstand that level of movement and eliminate cracking and delamination.
Coupled with our comprehensive maintenance program, Brisbane Skytower will continue to be an impressive build for years to come.
Baxta systems applied for Brisbane Skytower included:
• Interior Ceilings - Baxta Sealer Undercoat and two coats of Baxta Ceiling White
• Walls - Baxta Sealer Undercoat and two coats of Baxta XERO Low Sheen
• Doors, Trims, Skirting - Baxta Sealer Undercoat and two coats of Baxta AcraTrim
• Exterior Render Systems - Baxta Screeded Level Render, CovaCoat Primer and two coats of Baxta MaxiCap Membrane
• Broadwall Areas - CovaCoat Primer and two coats of Baxta MaxiCap Membrane